For the last twelve years, one of Pass IT On’s long standing volunteers, Jim Paterson has dedicated his Friday mornings to writing easy-to-follow illustrated computer tutorials. These tutorials cover a range of topics including some for absolute beginners and for people whose disabilities make it difficult for them to access a computer.
Just click on the links below – each PDF tutorial will open in a new window. If you want, you can then save them to your computer. [If you don’t already have it, click here to download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader which lets you view PDF files.]
Individuals, charities and non-profit organisations may copy and distribute the tutorials freely but please acknowledge our copyright. A wee donation would be very welcome from anyone richer!
- Using the mouse (right handed)
- Using the keyboard
- How to print
- Virus Protection
- Turn Off the Computer using the Keyboard (Windows 7)
- Turn Off the Computer using the Mouse (Windows 7)
- Starting Programs using the Keyboard (Windows 7)
- Starting Programs using the Mouse (Windows 7)
- Computer Specs – what’s inside your computer?
- Ease of Access Centre – Visual (Windows 7)
- Ease of Access Centre – Aural (Windows 7)
- Ease of Access Centre – Mobility (Windows 7)
- Dyslexia and your computer – using MyStudyBar
- What to do if your Computer Hangs Up (Windows 7)
- What to do if a Program Hangs Up, using the Keyboard (Windows 7)
- What to do if a Program Hangs Up, using the Mouse (Windows 7)
- How to do a System Restore (Windows 7)
- What is the Internet? Using Internet Explorer
- Buying, Selling, Auctions and Giveaways (a guide to eBay and Freegle)
- Internet Banking
- Watching Catch-Up TV and Radio on the Internet
- Social Networking
- Using Web-based E-mail
- Dropbox – backup and sync your files between computers automatically
- Crossloop Computer Sharing
- Internet communication using Skype
video tutorials which you may want to watch.
We hope you find these tutorials useful. If you have any comments or can think of other topics you would like us to cover, please get in touch.